Monday 1 October 2012

MY BEGINNINGS



I was born in, MAMELODI, PRETORIA EAST on 15th June 1986 which was the reason behind my stage name being GEMINI. Real name is KGOSIETSILE MABOA, 1st born and the only boy in the family i slowly started to follow in my father’s footsteps by taking dance lessons at the age of 7 which then lead to me joining a music school where i learned how to play the piano at the age of 9.  I became more and more influenced by HIP HOP when i reached high school and started listening to artists such as BIGGIE, P DIDDY, NAS, JAZY, 2PAC and writing raps of my own. It was only at the age of 16 when i decided on taking on a music career path and started becoming more professional in the craft of making music and recorded demos on my tape recorder which lead to me moving out of high school to a music school (MUSIC ACADEMY OF GAUTENG) to continue to learn the art and business of the music industry mentored by jazz legend Johnny Mekoe. At the age of 17 i went to BENONI TECHNICAL COLLEGE to focus on building my other skills by studying GRAPHIC DESIGN while pursuing my musical ambitions, that’s when i decided to register a record label so that i don’t depend on getting signed by a major label. I taught myself how to composer, song write & produce HIP HOP, R&B...... I SEE MYSELF AS THE MOST MOTIVATED INDIVIDUAL IN MY HOOD AND ALL THAT PASSION HAS BROUGHT ME TO THE TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN #KINGTUMOUR 

No comments:

Post a Comment